On Saturday, 6/26, we had an inspiring workshop with Ekaterina Popova around art & business. Kat shared business tips and encouragement as well as super helpful advice around finding your audience and growing your social media following. She talked about the need to practice receiving money and getting paid for the work we do as artists.
Some of the resources she shared include:
- Printful – for selling prints and products
- Victoria Kukla @palmesque – for advice and courses around licensing your art
- Kajabi and Teachable for selling courses and memberships
- @taxcollection for promoting your work on instagram (Kat recommended avoiding most paid promotion, especially the spammy accounts that offer followers for pay)
- Create! Magazine’s free blog submissions
Another great tip was to set an email auto reply with FAQ’s, links to your work and places where your work is available for purchase, and/or information about when you’ll be able to respond.
Kat talked about getting to know yourself and where your skills and passions lie – then taking small steps towards your dreams.